If you are trying Gymophobics Low Sugar Diet (LSD) to lose weight your Instructor will have recommended that you start off on about 60 grams per day. Once you find that this works she will suggest that you gradually increase the daily income as you may find, as many members do, that you can continue to lose weight even when you increase carb intake to as much as 120 grams daily.
Follow these simple rules to help you stick to your low carb target.
- Reduce or eliminate sugar and all high carb foods. That includes breakfast cereals (yes, really) ,bread, pasta, rice, crackers, oats, cakes, sweets and all sugary drinks.
- Load up your meals with non starch and salad vegetables such as Kale, broccoli or peppers to help you to feel full.
- Eat ‘good’ fats. These include oily fish, coconut oil, avocado and animal fats as they are good for your metabolism and help you feel full.
- Pick low sugar fruits such as berries and apples.
- Eat protein at every meal.
- Stop snacking. Fasting between meals and overnight helps your body’s response to Insulin.
- Drink two litres of water each day.